Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Today's Forecast? Pain!

Originally written February 6, 2006


Mornin' Everyone,

Admittedly, I don't watch the NFL until the Super Bowl so I am terribly unqualified to type any further. However, since the first amendment applies to me too...

I have always lived in Northern West Virginia under the notion that this was a temporary stop on a career filled with other small stops until marriage and settl-age. However, as it appears, this was a longer layover than I first thought, but it does offer a quicker track to marriage and settling down. Anyway, WV has no professional team for which to root. That said, depending on where in the state you live, you could be a Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Redskins, Eagles, or Steelers fan. This part of WV is firmly placed within the bounds of Steeler country...and I've been sick of it since five minutes after I got here.

Most of you have no blood born right to call this team your own. If you were born in PA or currently live there, this post is not directed at you. Ownership is rightfully proved in this case.

But I digress.

So, with last night's win in Super Bowl Extra Large, most everyone here is clamoring over Bettis and Ward and Randel El....blah blah blah. Look people, you are in West Virginia and you are claiming ownership of a team that is in Pennsylvania... a state by the way, whose other college football team (Pitt, although some even hate Penn State just as much) you despise with as much vigor as I hate Michigan. Explain to me how that makes sense? How idiotic you all look for jumping on the Pittsburgh bandwagon! How sad you look as you twirl your Terrible Towel posing as the lost sons of Steel Country. I was hoping for a Seattle victory last night but only to shut the yaps of the desperate, wannabe, Steelers adopted fans of WV.

Now, I'm sure that won't set well with my WV readers. Well, to them I say, "a dissenting opinion has its place too and I'm dissenting against the loud mockery you make of yourselves every Sunday during football season". So, like it or lump it, that is what I have to say about that.

Now, if you disagree, hey, more power to you. Feel free to let me know you disagree with me. Just don't think that an opposing opinion will shame me into submission and surrender. ;)

To end, I ask this question: Is it August yet?

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home